Hi team! I’ve been pretty quiet around here. And I didn’t really mean for that to happen. This little hiatus just sort of rolled in and stayed awhile, and I’m not sure that it’s quite ready to budge yet. But I wanted to check in and say hello and thank you and I’m glad you’re still here knocking on doors and I’m still on the other side! Hi! I’ll tell you a few things about my life right now and then I’ll show you a few things about my life right now and then we will call it a day and let the hiatus keep parading through until I tell it to find another town to ambush!
a few things about my life right now:
- My day job has been making me pretty sad, and I know why but I feel silly about it.
- I eat the same thing for lunch every single day, and I try to go out and eat it sitting in the sun as much as I can.
- Sometimes I listen to Paul Simon, sometimes I listen to audiobooks, mostly I just listen my way through every episode ever of various podcasts.
- Working on lots of quilts! But also really sad because I don’t have much time to work on the quilts even though they are my favorite thing in the world besides my husband and other things that matter to me.
- Have gotten realy into diet coke for a minute and am pretty sure I need to kick the habit fast before it becomes, like, a thing.
- All I want for my birthday is pizza! (And a $700 sewing machine! No biggie!)
- There’s not that much more that I have to say at the moment, which is probably why I haven’t posted much lately!
You should know that you can find me on Synchronized Swim as well, where I post every Monday because that’s the rule that I made for myself in that space and I like to follow rules. This blog is different than that one in lots of ways that I’m still trying to figure out, which may be also part of why this space has been quiet. One thing I know about this blog is that I don’t want it to have rules. I don’t want to be trying to keep an editorial schedule or writing things that I think someone might want to click on and read (not that this is the goal on Synchronized Swim either, but you get the idea). As both projects skate along, I’m continually trying to learn where they converge and diverge. I have ideas about what this means, but it doesn’t feel quite clear yet, so I’m giving it some time to settle. It seems to me that this blog feels more personal in some ways, and maybe also more particular to the things I’m making. But I’m still not sureSo, if you miss finding me here, check in on Synchronized Swim every Monday (and every Thursday too to read words by my brilliant friend Jessie), and keep checking in here too. Because none of it is over, I’m just sifting through everything and feeling sad at work with a brain empty of ideas or sparks, and busy hands learning things, dispassionately. Not a bad thing, just a weird, weird season for me while I keep growing up, while I shake around the word “artist,” seeing how it feels in my mouth, while I wait to find a place where I’ll have more space in so, so many ways. I’m right in the middle of it. Which is what all these projects are about, I think. Being in the middle and being so unsure. Hello from the unsure-ness!
So, don’t worry! I’m still here. You can always email me and such, and hopefully I’ll respond. I will let you know when the middle becomes just a tiny bit less middle-ish.
Some pictures to prove I’m alive!
See? All is well in june-town. Next weekend I’ll be twenty-four and maybe everything will change. Till then, I’ll be over here doing my quiet thing! Email me if you want to chat! BE BACK SOON, XOXO!