Lately I’ve been…
- Listening to President Obama’s second annual summer spotify playlist, aka POTUS Tunes, aka fantastic. Currently jamming to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Barack’s got great taste! As if we didn’t already know that. (PS, Obama, please don’t leave us!!!) Listen to it here. Also, Sufjan Stevens and Carole King always always.
- Dreaming of buying three things. 1. These perfect summer shoes. 2. A new backpack, perfectly made by Everlane and ideal for my new bike commute to the office. 3. This jacket, making me hungry for crisp fall air. If only I weren’t working two unpaid jobs, right???
- Reading The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison and The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides at the same time. They don’t really go together, but they’re both fantastic.
- Forgetting to water my plants. Sorry pals!
- Cooking up a storm using recipes from the ever-brilliant Hello Fresh! Even if you don’t subscribe to their meal delivery service, you can still access their recipes. Simple ingredients, healthy combinations, perfectly portioned for two! It’s been seriously helping me crawl slowly out of my deep food rut.
- Dying to see Albany Park Theater Project’s Learning Curve, a new immersive theater project in Chicago digging into the city’s public school system and all the problems and joys therein. I had the privilege of experiencing an early workshop of this production and I can say personally that it is not to be missed. Tickets are wait list only at this point!
- Watching Stranger Things, of course, but also an exorbitant amount of Fixer Upper, perhaps the most delightful reality show ever made.
- Running around between two unpaid theater jobs and one coffee shop job and getting a little out of breath and tired out. I’ve been feeling a lot of feelings and also very impatient about career goals and finding my way in the world. These first few years out of school are hard and only keep getting more thick and confusing. I’m not sure where I’ll end up, but I really hope it’s good.
- Enjoying this third month of summer, sweaty in my apartment, spending all my tips on gelato, wearing out my sandals and trying to soak it all up while I can.
- Thinking of cutting my hair?
- Loving my neighborhood and thinking maybe we will live here forever? Who knows, but Ukrainian Village is the best.
Lately in pictures!
Wandering Maggie Daly Park alone, listening to podcasts and realizing I don’t get to walk on soft grass enough in the city.
That time we had a phone emergency.
Sailing to see the fireworks on my birthday and only getting a little seasick.
Looks like summer.
Found in our neighborhood, a building that’s night and day.
Blue, blue, blue.
Sailing with my guy to celebrate being married.
I love having people in our home sitting right there in the afternoon sun.
Found some baby Jesus at the Salvation Army, and brought him to our house!
Reunited with these two this summer for a few sweet months on the same continent.
We can’t be near it and not visit it. We can’t not.
Lake life with far-flung friends. That’s what summer is for.
I very nearly stole this dog. Not even a little bit kidding.
My shameless forever favorite.
Tiny book, found at the MCA.
A miracle of a door in Nashville.
It’s important to have women to get ready with sometimes.
Found in Tennessee.
Love these two, love these all.
Taking any chance to feel like a queen.
Live from Nashville, a sourdough bagel with honey-lavender cream cheese. A dream.
Also, french toast & The Bachelorette.
Yours truly is gonna be in the room where it happens this fall.
Family in Chicago, ate way out in the galaxy.
Always, a rainbow.
A snapchat portrait of the artist at twenty-three.